




So on Thursday Dave came into town. Dave is one of Mike's really good marine buddies who is stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC and can retire in 19 months!! He has never been to Texas so we wanted to show him a good time. On Thursday night, we all went to a Hibachi grill and then came back to be bums on the couch with the dogs. On Friday, we went to see the Parks Mall, eat at Kinkaid's Hamburgers, and explore Texas Stadium (Mike and I's picture). Friday night, I went into work and the guys went out downtown. They started at Flying Saucer, then Fox and the Hound, and ended at Pete's Piano Bar. They definitely had a great time!! On Saturday, we all got up at a decent hour and chilled at the house for a bit. We then went to walk the dogs around the neighborhood and play frisbee. We were going to head to the Botanic Gardens, but they closed earlier than we thought. Saturday night, it was Dave's birthday so we had big plans. Jenni (a girl I work with) came over and we went to Olive Garden to eat. We then went to the Pour House (a bar) and Lindsey (another girl I work with) met up with us. We then headed to Pete's Piano Bar again. We took some crazy pictures and we all went hoarse from screaming and yelling the songs so much. It was a great time!! Today, Sunday, we had a nice BBQ at the house. It was our first official gathering at the house. We had the Rogers (Josh, MaryPat, and Juliana), Reinhardt (a guy I work with), Jenni, Lindsey, Dani (another girl I work with), and Dave is still here. Mike and Dave roamed around downtown in the morning and then went shopping to get the food and drinks. Mike cooked hamburgers on the grill and I boiled hot dogs. We had corn and chips and dip for the sides. Jenni brought some good desserts and we were set. It was an absolute blast!! I'm soo glad I was able to take off work Saturday and Sunday so I could spend time with everyone!! Sooo blessed to have friends who are just like family!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun time!!! He may even want to move to Texas now!!
Post a Comment