Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Work & Family July Visit
















Well here's a handful of pictures that I chose from an even bigger handful haha. Starting at the top, that's most of the officers I had on my team and worked with on Adam district midnights. Starting in front: Sgt. Luttmer (Lutty Lutt, Central sgt), Josh (my partner), Kaether (new kid and on my new team); Next row: me, Vicki (went to North), Allcon (worthless and dangerous), Wong (sold the Focus to and awesome), Sgt. Young (Central admin sgt); Back row: Oz (loves the park), Hopson (NPO), Dani (BFF!), Olimpo (DWI hound). Al, Rebo, and Ramirez were the only ones missing from the picture. We had a little farewell party at the sector the Thursday night before we all split up. The picture below is some of us in uniform by one of our patrol cars. We're on the new schedule with the new team/zone concept and it sucks. There are too many officers for the area and we all drive around aimlessly fighting for calls and trying to find something. The ball is rolling for getting my teaching certificate so yay! I've got a phone interview and a critical thinking test this month to start. Going to do Generalist EC-6 and Special Ed. Definitely can't wait to get into all of it :)
Below are Bronx, Olivine, and Koda swimming in their new pool in the backyard. Bronx and Olivine will dive in and splash around, but Koda needed some convincing by my dad. Haha. It was definitely hot outside, but with their kool collars and the pool, they were having an absolute blast. While that was going on, Mike took a break from writing his paper and came out to play. He got onto the trampoline and I was able to take some pictures of him in the process of back flipping. It was awesome! And the rents chilling on the back porch.
We all went to the Rangers baseball game Friday night with Mike's company, which was a blast! We ate some good baseball game food and enjoyed the super close game with a Rangers win. At the end, we were able to see an amazing fireworks show that gave my mom and I goosebumps it was so cool :) The traffic wasn't too bad leaving the ballpark and we headed home. Mike and my dad headed straight out to smoke their cigars and drink their martinis on the back porch and my mom and I watched tv inside.
Saturday, I was able to call in and take off work, which was soo exciting! We went to downtown Burleson and then to Lone Oak Winery. It was soo much fun! It was hot outside, but walking around the winery and seeing all the different grapes was so cool! We were also able to get two bottles of wine and a recipe for sangria. We went home and cooked out. Mike was on the grill with the steaks and my mom and I were in charge of the potatoes and the sangria. All of it was sooo good! My mom and I made some cookies for dessert. The rents headed out on Sunday after we loaded up the car with all the furniture for Kyle's new apartment.
Mike and I had dinner with Kristin and Wes Wednesday night at Pappadeaux in Arlington. It was an absolute blast! Wes now lives in Irving since he got his new job, so we can meet up way more often. Here are the most recent updates and we hope everyone enjoys!

No comments: