Monday, November 1, 2010

Boo-rific Halloween!





We had such a great Halloween!! I got off work late (Halloween morning) since Halloween weekend was of course crazy, but Mike and I were able to sleep in a bit. Mike got up and went outside to mow the lawn while I did some laundry. Well, when I looked outside, it wasn't Mike mowing the lawn, BUT JASON! I'm not gonna lie, I was a little scared :)- It was really funny seeing all the kids walking up and down the sidewalk staring at him wondering what was going on. Such a great way to start. Once Mike was done, he came in to carve the pumpkin and I headed to Target to get a candle for the pumpkin. Of course while I was there, I picked up a Halloween doormat that was black with Happy Halloween written in white in creepy handwriting and a big Jack-O-Lantern. The perfect last touch for all the decorations. When I got home, the pumpkin was carved and we started to get everything ready for the trick or treaters. We set out our scary CD, which always freaks out the kids and they always search around for where it's coming from since we hide it. While we were outside setting up the Jack-O-Lantern and trying to take a picture of the dogs with it, Josh and Marypat pulled up with Juliana. We visited with them for a little while and gave Juliana her Halloween candy bag we had made for her. Juliana looked awesome! Marypat made her costume, which was Jessie (the yodeling cowgirl from Toy Story). After they left, Mike and I started to make dinner (roasted lamb with mushrooms and sweet potatoes). Once we put it in the oven, the trick or treaters started arriving. It was soo much fun!! We received a bunch of compliments on all of our decorations, our costumes, and our candy. And of course, we still got a kick out of the kids creeping up to the door b/c of the scary music and trying to figure out where it was coming from. Oh and for our costumes, I was Robin and Mike was a Vietnam Vet. We went through a lot of candy, but still had some left over for us, which was fabulous. Overall, it was an absolutely amazing night and I'm really glad I took off work to celebrate with Mike. We hope all of you guys had a great Halloween too!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I can't wait to do all of that stuff when we get a house. Sounds like yall have such a great time.

Christina Bassi said...

Glad you guys had a good night. I love your pumpkin. That is too funny!