 |
| Kate and Brody about to get married with Rich officiating |
 |
| They're both so happy :) |
 |
| Me holding Vincent during the wedding |
 |
| The audience |
 |
| Doing their vows...almost time to kiss the bride! |
 |
| Heather, Mike, and Matt chowing down during the reception |
 |
| Lexi and Jim squeezing in a quick bite while the kids are playing |
 |
| Lane and Brody holding their kids with Matt kid-less :)- |
 |
| Heather and me with big hugs :) |
 |
| Lexi, Heather, me, and Jalei |
 |
| Aly and Chris doing an amazing job playing the flute, guitar, and singing! And then there's Matt trying to make them laugh, which I think it worked :)- |
 |
| Rich and Jan visiting |
 |
| Matt & Heather, Mike & me, Lane, Jalei, & Elliot, Jan, Kate, Brody with their little one, Rich, Aly & Chris, Jim, Susie, Lexi, & Vincent |
 |
| Mike & me...he's so tall! |
|
|
Mike and I actually had a full weekend together! We can't even remember the last time that was possible! I took off Saturday for the wedding and then Sunday I had off since I have a Human Trafficking class this coming Friday. We woke up Saturday morning and got ready to head to Rich and Jan's house in Whitney for Brody and Kate's wedding. It was a rainy cold morning so Mike and I tried to dress warm enough since the wedding was outdoors. When we got there, things were still being set up and everyone was getting ready while people were arriving. The sun eventually started to come out while the ceremony started and stayed out throughout the rest of the day, along with the wind. Everyone looked great and it was great seeing and catching up with everyone. Jalei and Lane told us the great news that they're pregnant again and Aly is showing a little bump since she's moving along in her pregnancy. Lane is also hoping that he gets into Southwest up here in Dallas so that would mean almost everyone would be in the DFW area, which would be great for family gatherings and seeing everyone more often, if schedules work out haha. Jim and Lexi also shared the news that their offer got accepted on a house in the Eagle Mountain Lake area, which is awesome! That's in north Fort Worth so that's even closer to everyone! There's definitely a lot of prayers going on that everything works out for the best for everyone. Mike and I headed out with Heather and Matt so we could finally go see their apartment and meet Heather's parents. We've been trying to do that so it seemed like a great time since we were so close to Waco and it wasn't too late so we could get home to the puppies soon enough. We went and ate at Chuy's in Waco and we were able to meet Pam, Heather's mom, and Mike, Heather's step dad. It was a great early dinner. We were then able to head to their apartment and meet their new addition, Molly, their 7 week old Lab/Australian Shepherd mix. Their apartment is great and super roomy! They even have their own little outdoor area, which is great for their two puppies. We didn't stay for too long so we could get home to our two puppies. When we got home, we played with Bronx and Olivine a bit, watched the rest of The Social Network and Bambi, and then went to bed. Sunday, we woke up without an alarm! That was great! We cleaned our bedroom, I did laundry, Mike worked out and did work and homework, and we went outside to play with the dogs for a while. We then got ready for our date at Pappadeaux using the gift card Mike got for his birthday from Rich and Jan. We had a great meal and headed home for some relax time. We watched Going the Distance, which was hilarious, and then went to bed. Today we're back to reality :( Mike got up for work and I go to work tonight.
Nothing really too new with updates. Mike starts OCS on March 19th and then it's 18 months of it! Work is going well for him and the new person he just hired started today. School is going well for him also, but he has a lot on his plate, so I'm really proud of him! He's doing such a great job working so hard! With me, work is going well, I'm sure it's going to be picking up soon enough with warmer weather coming. I am officially off the pill, so that's been interesting since I've been on it for almost 10 years. I get horrible headaches and some mood swings, but all together it's okay. We're going to try for a kiddo later this year so we'll see what happens. It's all up to the big guy upstairs. Subbing is going really well. I'm having a blast! I know the job area doesn't look very good for teaching, but that's another decision for the big man upstairs so we're leaving it up to him. Wherever he wants to take us, we trust in him. Other than that, I'm heading to Kingwood when Mike goes to OCS for the family crawfish boil. I so wish Mike could come, but he has to prepare for OCS the weekend before and then he has OCS the weekend after Spring Break so we're all sad :( Oh and Bronx turns 4 and Olivine turns 2 on March 9th, along with Mike and I being together for 4 years. On the 14th, Mike and I will be married for 2 years and on the 27th, I'll be 26! It's a big month!
2 comments:
It was so great getting to catch up with you at the wedding! So is OCS just on the weekends? 18 months is a long time!
Pictures of the wedding. Thanks Eryn. We were sad we missed it. It sounds like there were lots of big announcements. That is so exciting that Jalei is pregnant again and that you are off the pill. Our family is growing fast all of the sudden, isn't it.
Post a Comment