Bronx already deep out into the water and Olivine running into follow him; we went to Lake Granbury Saturday of the 4th of July weekend; it was a blast
Mike going out into the water with the pups; Bronx is out there and Olivine is up by shore with her stick
Mike in the water with the pups bringing their sticks back; they just love swimming and fetching!
Our bags on the shore and a view of the water and the bridge where we came in at
Olivine wrestled the stick away from Bronx when they got closer to shore; Mike went out there to regulate haha.
Mike super happy on shore; he has an absolute blast swimming and playing fetch!
Both dogs bringing the stick in together haha.
Mike broke the stick in half so they each had their own...much better time for both of them haha.
Bronx thrashing in the water with his stick...he looks so mean! We love this picture :)
Mike has all the power while he's holding both the sticks about to throw them; Bronx and Olivine wouldn't take their eyes off the sticks haha.
Both pups bringing one stick in; the two stick thing only lasted so long before Olivine didn't want to share anymore....she can be such a brat! But it's good training for when we have kids and sharing haha. Olivine gets her butt chewed all the time for that.
And here's proof I was there haha. Mike and I on shore and Bronx and Olivine playing in the water.
Well 4th of July weekend was super busy! For me at least. Work was crazy! People can just be so stupid, but if that wasn't the case then I wouldn't have a job, so I guess that's a good thing, but extremely frustrating. On Saturday, Mike woke up and wanted to do something special for the pups and take them somewhere. We looked online at some of the close lakes and we decided on Lake Granbury b/c we had heard so many good things. We got all ready and drove out that way. It took about 35-40 min and we were there, along with a lot of other people haha. We went to a boat dock area, but that wasn't ideal for us to swim so we ended up driving around and found a great little area near some condos right by the water. We parked the car and headed out there. The dogs ran straight for the water so we didn't have much to worry about them running off haha. We were out there for about 30 min with them swimming and fetching. There were boats and jet skis out deeper in the water and people came out on their balconies of the condos to watch the pups. Mike took them over to the pier to have them jump off, but by the time I got over there, they had already jumped so I missed the picture. It was neat watching them have such a blast though. And you could tell that Mike had just as much fun :) When we made it home, we gave the pups a nice bath and then we got nice and clean. I then got ready for work and headed out. Mike and the pups had a good time relaxing at home.
On Sunday, Mike got up and was in the mood to make the cacciatore. He headed to HEB to get all the ingredients and I slept a little longer. We were disappointed to find out that we couldn't get orange roughy because it is going extinct. Kind of random, but we found a substitute fish. It wasn't as good, but it was alright. I then headed off to work and Mike and the pups hung out at home.
On Monday, Jim, Lexi, and the kids came over the house to grill out. Mike made hamburgers on the grill and I stayed inside to put the beans on the stove. The food was good along with the company. After we ate and were all hanging out outside, Rich called Jim to see what they were doing and Jim told them they were at our house, so they ended up heading to the house as well. We all hung out for a while talking and catching up on things. Everyone decided to head out around the time I had to get ready for work. Altogether, it was a good 4th of July weekend. God Bless America!! And happy birthday to Koda :)
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! We have been trying to find a lake up here where we can take Parker and swim with her but for some reason it is either people only or dogs only. We haven't been able to find one where we can swim together. That has got to be fun. Parker loves to swim. I hope you are joking about the orange rought. We love that fish.That would be sad.
I love Lake Grandbury--nice, small lake with plenty of water!!! Lake Whitney is about to dry up!!! I don't know who had more fun--you or the dogs!!!!
Post a Comment