I woke up the other morning and when I got out of bed, it felt like Reece was skydiving in my belly and landed a lot lower than where she had been before. I told Mike I thought she had dropped a bit, but neither one of us could officially tell by looking so we didn't really think anything of it at the time. Well later that day, I noticed that I was feeling her move around in my hip area and that she couldn't implant herself in my ribs anymore! Yay! That was my official sign she had dropped! She was enjoying implanting herself on my right side under my ribs, which was super uncomfortable, especially when I was trying to lean over to do anything. Then again, like everyone said, she's already learning to be a stubborn pain lol! If she's anything like her mommy and daddy, she's definitely going to be stubborn and hard headed :)-
Well today I had my 36 wk check up and I told my gyno about all of it so the lovely words, "get undressed from the waist down" were spoken. She measured me and said Reece has definitely dropped a lot since last week, which is a good sign. We then listened to her heart beat, which sounded nice and strong. Then we moved onto the checking of the cervix lol! She said that I'm still closed, but it feels like it's on the verge of being at a 1. I know none of this really means anything, but when you're ready to get the her out and meet her, all of this sounds positive for that happening sooner rather than later haha.
And on another positive note, Mike and I took our childbirth class on Saturday. It was an all day thing since we couldn't do Monday and Wednesday nights due to him having class. It was up at Baylor All Saints where we're going to have Reece so we were able to do a tour of labor and delivery and postpartum. The class was very interesting and we both enjoyed it. We bought the book Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way a while ago and we've read it, so this reaffirmed a lot of stuff we had read in the book. It was also great watching the videos b/c it made me a whole lot more comfortable with having a no drug natural childbirth. It actually made Mike more comfortable as well, thank goodness. He was wanting an epidural b/c he doesn't want to see me in that much pain, but once he saw the other women having a natural versus the epidural, he's thinking the natural is better. I guess that's all the latest stuff that's been going on so enjoy!
2 comments:
Maybe she'll come early! My friend has her kids natural. It's a good thing you took a class. I think they really help you & prepare you for what to expect. You are stronger than I was!
Me too. I am still all about the drugs. Best of luck going all natural. My cousins wife just delivered her second child drug free and had a great experience. I'm so excited she has dropped! We can't wait. If you can't tell. :-)
Post a Comment