



On March 14th it was Mike and I's one year anniversary!! It was sooo much fun!! It was the week of Mike's Spring Break and I took a week for vacation from work. On the day of our actual anniversary, we hung out all day and then went to dinner at The Reata in downtown Fort Worth. We had tamales for an appetizer, buffalo steak for dinner, and pecan pie for dessert. It was sooo good!! And the atmosphere at the restaurant is great. We had awesome conversations throughout dinner, which was good b/c it took a while to get our food, but we didn't really notice. We then went home and enjoyed each others company, which we never get to do for a full day! It was all around great. On Tuesday we headed to Kingwood to see my family down there. We stayed the night in Kingwood Tuesday and then headed to Galveston on Wednesday to enjoy the beach. My Aunt Liz booked a nice hotel room at the Hampton Inn in Galveston for Wednesday and Thursday night so we could officially have a little vacation and celebrate our anniversary that way. When we got there we had a great balcony room and enjoyed the view for a little while then changed over to head to the beach. We stopped by WalMart first to pick up some bottled water and we hit a little snag. The car keys had gotten left in the cart so Mike and I went into search mode and looked for them for about an hour or so. Once we found them, we were completely relieved and decided not to head to the beach, but to go back to the hotel room and get ready for dinner. We had been trying to decide either eating in Galveston or Kemah and we decided to stick with Galveston. We ate at Gaido's, which is one of my family's favorite restaurants in Galveston. I've been going there ever since I was a kid, but it had been a few years since I had been there. It was really crowded when we went in and we waited on our table for about an hour fifteen, but the wait was nice because we were able to sit at the bar, talk, and watch one of the chef's gut all the red snapper. We were then seated and had a massive dinner! We couldn't believe how much food we got for such a good price and we were sooo full when we left!! The food was absolutely excellent!! We then walked it off a little and headed back to the hotel for some sleep. Thursday morning we got up and headed to the beach to meet up with my mom, Aunt Liz, and cousins. It was a little chilly at first, but we eventually took off our cover ups and laid out in our bathing suits. Mike and I took a long walk on the beach for a while, which was really nice and relaxing. After a few hours, we all headed back to the hotel to shower up and get ready for dinner. Mike was going to head back to Kingwood to have a guy night with my brother and dad and us girls were going to have a girl night, but Mike ended up staying so we could have one more night in the hotel...so glad he did! We went to the Kemah Boardwalk for dinner that night and it was a blast! My cousins wanted to go on the rides and Mike, my mom, Aunt Liz, and I walked along the boardwalk looking in shops and hanging out. We ended up eating at The Aquarium and it was awesome! I loved looking at all the fish in the tanks!! I got a little too hooked on watching and kept hitting Mike's arm every time the shark, eel, or huge fish came by. It was definitely a lot of fun. Once we left we headed back to the hotel and we all went to our rooms for some shut eye. Friday, Mike and I met my Aunt Liz, mom, and cousins on The Strand and walked around for a little bit before they went to the beach and Mike and I headed out. Mike and I left and went to test drive the Expedition EL at Chastang's Bayou City Ford! It was soo fun!! We're family friends with the owner so we test drove the car for a while and got the low down on all the models...needless to say we're soo psyched about getting one soon!! We then headed to my parents'. On Saturday, it was the big day. We all got up to get ready for the crawfish boil!! My Aunt Karen and Uncle Frank and cousin Josh were coming in from Plano...Brian and Christina and Dominic were coming...and of course all the local family in Kingwood were coming! My parents' had ordered 65 lbs of crawfish that was ready to be boiled...the bad thing was it was raining and cold!! Mike and my brother set up a windbreaker, helped created a mini dam to keep water out from under the carport on the driveway, and then helped cook the crawfish. We ate outside for the most part even though it was a little chilly, but it was great! We then headed inside for dessert. Nanny had gotten me a Carvel Cake for my birthday so we could do a mini celebration since I'm not going to be down there for my actual birthday on the 27th. Dominic helped me blow out the candles and cut the cake and then we all dug in. At the end, we ate way too much, caught up on everything, and had an amazing time!! It's always the best when family gets together!! There's definitely no better time!! Mike and I headed out Sunday afternoon and I went into work that night. All together, our one year/Mike's spring break/my vacation was an absolute blast!!!
2 comments:
Happy anniversary! That sure did go by fast! Yall squeezed so much in!
Thanks for inviting us to the crawfish boil! We had such a great time with you guys! You have such an awesome family! You are a lucky girl.
Post a Comment