Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Official Full Name!

Well Mike and I were running errands today and we officially decided on Reece's middle name.....Bella!  Yay!  Reece Bella Bassi is the full name of our little girl that will be joining us very soon :)
The full story of the name stuff is a long one, but I'll lay some of it out on here.  When we finally found out we were pregnant, I told Mike my dream name for a little girl, Riann Aurora, but he hated it.  My next choice was Aurora Riann, but he hated that as well.  With Riann as her first name, we could call her Ri for short and Aurora as her first name we could call her Rory for short.  He nixed both of the names immediately for the girl names so we had to start from square one.  Well the further along I got, the more people were saying that it was going to be a little boy.  We agreed on the name, Bryce Luca Bassi, for a boy's name.  Bryce-Scottish; freckled, Luca-Italian; light.  So we were set on a boy's name. 
The girls names on the other hand were a completely different story.  We ended up buying a baby name book to help us decide on a girls name.  Well after going through, which seems like, 100's of names, we finally agreed on Reece as her first name.  We absolutely love what it means, passionate and enthusiastic, and it seems like it's fitting her the way she kicks the crap out of me in my belly haha.  We then were a bit worried b/c once we picked it, we realized one of the many nieces and nephews on Mike's side of the family had that name as her middle name.  We talked about it and asked for some opinions and everyone said that us making our little girl's name Reece for her first name was not a big deal since it was the other little girl's middle name.  So we decided on Reece :)
When it came to the middle name, I had thrown in Baylee, Ember, Riley, Fallon, a lot of other choices b/c I wanted her to have a name from our backgrounds (Italian, Scottish, Irish).  Well every name I threw out there, Mike hated and would come back with Brittany, Tiffany, Jennifer, etc.  A typical girls name, which wasn't okay with me.  So needless to say, we went back and forth for a very long time trying to decide.  Well I ended up writing down every Italian female name in our baby name book, which was 4 pages long, and told him he could pick one of those names since I really had my heart set on her having an Italian middle name.  Well he looked through all of them and didn't like any besides Bella and Rosa.  I loved Bella, but then he remembered that one of Aunt Karen and Uncle Frank's dogs names was Bella so he said no way b/c she would be named after a dog.  Everyone told him that she wouldn't be named after a dog and it would be fine if her middle name was Bella, but he wouldn't budge.  Well with Rosa, in Italy, it's in the top 5 most popular female Italian names, but here in Texas, it sounds Mexican, so we nixed that one.  He then liked Bellarose, which is Italian and was fine with me, but he then decided that it was too names and too long, so that was out.  Some other names from the list that I liked were, Abree, Abrielle, Arabella, Sienna, Mirabella, Cella, and Giada.  Well Mike said no to all of them, so we kept coming back to Bella since that was the main one he liked, but he couldn't get passed the dog thing.
After several months of me bugging him and telling him he needed to decide, we finally decided today!  We were driving home from Costco and I went ahead and brought up middle names.  I kept the list of them in my purse at all times lol!  He said that was the one name we both really liked and we agreed on it!  So, yay!  Reece Bella Bassi is our little girl's name!

2 comments:

Christina Bassi said...

Love the name. I can't wait to see her. It is almost time! We can't wait.

Oh, and thanks for the boys birthday presents! They loved them. You guys are so thoughtful. :-)

Jalei & Lane said...

Cute! And it's also different because we spell Reece with an S(Reese).