Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Battle of the Bottle

 Reece playing on her blanket during the week and a half of the Battle of the Bottle.  I had no idea it would be such a pain to switch from boob to the bottle since she'd taken the bottle so well before.  Her pediatrician informed me that the longer a baby is on the boob, the harder it is to switch them to the bottle and the problems start at around 5-6 mo old, which Reece is 5 1/2 mo.  We went a week and a half of Reece refusing the bottle and only drinking maybe .5 oz to 2 oz all day and then I would give her the boob at night before she went to bed.  Finally, one day, it just clicked and she's been exclusively on the bottle ever since!  Yay!  We also used up the last bit of boob milk a few days ago so she's officially on formula as well!  The drying out part sucks!  It's been a big pain, but I'm hoping it's almost over with!
 Reece is getting so big!  Mike and I can't believe it!
 Reece in her high chair.  For breakfast she has rice cereal with apple juice then her bottle; for lunch is fruit with her bottle; for dinner is vegetables with her bottle :)
 Olivine letting me know she wants to go outside and play haha
This guy was on our front porch the other night :)

No comments: